What does it take to run a successful veterinary practice? There are countless administrative, business operations, and employee-related tasks that need to be accomplished to have a thriving business. While many of these tasks can be managed, being able to effectively deal with a team of employees requires leadership. Management and leadership are very different things and learning to do both well will help you to build an incredible, highly engaged team as well as an efficient, healthy business.
The Managing Your Practice, Leading Your Team course will explore the differences between management and leadership and provide resources to help you reflect upon your own management and leadership beliefs and practices.
If you can answer “no” to one or more of the questions below, you’ll likely find the information in this course helpful.
- Do you regularly analyze, monitor, and track the performance and trends of your practice, making adjustments when needed?
- Do you have an up-to-date business plan that outlines your goals for the future?
- Are your workspace and teams organized in a way that optimizes productivity?
- Do you have all of the resources needed to achieve your goals?
- Is every member of your team fully present, working at their best, and committed to the success of your practice?
- Do all employees clearly understand what is expected, what is tolerated, what is possible, and what good looks like in your practice?
- Do you focus on not only attracting the best new employees, but also on developing the skills and abilities of your current employees?